one wish checked



One of my dreams comes true in the beginning of this year. Alhamdulillah. I can finally making money from a job that wasn’t just some days or a week (like being a tour guide in total solar eclipse or a LO for north maluku – south sumatera high school students exchange program). I’m an English instructor now. I know I might have said before that I have no any plans of becoming a teacher and here I am ended up got a side job teaching English. Well, the world doesn’t always work the way we wanted right? Take every chance with a yes answer. Having emotional-physical relationship with elementary students is not something new for me because I already did that sort of thing in social-educational project called kelas pesisir by pcmi malut, but still teaching in classroom is something different. By the time goes, we will learn that it is not a scary thing at all yet seriousness is completely needed. Sometimes I had such nostalgic feelings of back in the day when I was still in elementary, the time as if English is nothing more than just a stranger (when I was in elementary I was once join the English course and all I learn from it is a song welcome lets say say welcome nice to see to see you again I say welcome you say say welcome we say say welcome nice to see again and I cannot even believe that I’m still remember the lyrics and how to sing the song while in middle school I started to learn new words and how to make a sentence) well, okay I think I should stop recall the old memories. The English course I’m working in named LTC and the founder is originally coming from manado and we have instagram account that you might go check it out @insta_LTC which we uploaded videos we took in every class. We are focusing in speaking skill and we’ve been running the program in six elementary schools in ternate. And one middle school but it is a join program between us and the school (and I don’t think you want me to tell what is going on teaching in middle school level. Teaching in elementary level is exhausting but fun. Teaching middle school level students is a nightmare. I’m sorry for saying this but I’m not the only one who think that way because my friends are also think the same. Middle school time is like a bridge between elementary and high school where the self identity seeking is just at its time. It is quite challenging to ask them to practice speaking or stay focus on what you are talking about which potentially making you kind of upset) but it is what it is and its totally natural to be happen, right? Some years from now, those who *fall in love with English* will keep looking for more and finally enter the English world where basically what me and my friends are located now. And I will be more than happy and welcoming them if that would actually happen for those certain students and I’m sure it will happens to them. The other thing that need to be consider is how I spend the payment I got. I’m not good with money, honestly. They will survive in my hands or atm like seconds and then gone for things I don’t even remember. And yes I’m trying to be more, do the saving money habit and I wish it’ll work.

Comments