two weeks before fall semester starts


August is finally here and I cannot believe that summer break is finally coming to an end. Unlike the summer last year where I got to travel here and there a bit, I’m not going anywhere this summer because I won’t and I can’t. I won’t because there are other priorities I need to put more attention to this summer including writing my thesis. I can’t because I have pretty limited money. bye bye traveling era. A friendly tip for those planning to do a two year long study. Make the most of the first year traveling and whatever and then turn into a calm chill mode in second year.


Let’s review what I’ve been doing the whole summer, shall we? 


  1. Writing my thesis and sending first draft to my thesis chair & 2 committee the end of may

  2. Completing a tesol professional certification that I started off last summer and not touching it again throughout fall and winter and spring lol why am I so freaking lazy lol

  3. Filming a couple of episodes for my new podcast that I call Composing Corner

  4. Building an English learning platform and joining the competition but my team and I didn’t make it to the final. The platform is not officially launched yet but at least I got my dream team and we know what we’re going to do thanks to the business competition

  5. Publishing my first and second scholarly articles. One in May and the other one in July.


What other things have I done so far throughout the summer?


And guess what? I just spent 200 to buy 3 books from amazon yesterday. And the fact that it’s only for one class out of three classes I’m taking this Fall makes me not so sure how much more money I’m gonna spend. However, it’s always been like this every semester though. I mean, I don’t mind spending money for the books. Even though the required book is only one while the others are optional, I think the books are too good not to get the hard copy version. Also, what makes me feel bad is that I was looking for how much dollars that is into the rupiah. I don't feel that bad in dollars but once you get to know how much it's worth really in rupiah. Everything is ruined. It's literally the number one thing you should never do because it causes overthinking.


I also finally received another feedback from one of my thesis committees. So, I have one chair and two committee members. So, I’m gonna need one more feedback from the other committee before finally doing some revision because I wanna do it once I get everybody’s comments. So the plan for now is to get things done as soon as possible. Meaning, the draft and the defense. 


As for the social media thingy. I know that I can never focus whenever I’m uploading any insta stories because I keep checking on them so maybe I need to stop posting but then I also want to document my learnings and semester and all that stuff but then again whenever I do I feel cringe and keep thinking of what other people might be thinking about me. Life is hard. Doing social media is even harder. Sometimes I feel cringe, sometimes I don’t. I’m running away from facebook to instagram and then now from instagram to linkedin. This anxiety is killing me lol.


Comments