2nd of April 2019: Writing Marathon from Morning to Late Afternoon


So, it has been a month or so of me writing the first novel ever of mine, together with so many other friends of @nulisajacommunity and it is so hard. Like, literally, you need to be inspired all the time, what to write today, what are the dialogues would be about. To be honest, I’m not always writing every day, I mean, I try turning on the laptop and staring at it until finally the random ideas kicked in, but it is not happening easily. Take another simpler example, I am writing this, so called-my plan of writing the journal of every day in the whole of this April, I should have written each one according to each date but I am currently writing the compilation of four days journal in the fourth day. Too bad. I know. I'm not proud.

On Tuesday, my mentor in writing the novel asked me to email him the 30 pages of the novel draft because it has been more than 30 days, technically speaking with the minimum standard of one day one page at least, everybody should have 30 pages. And I was only writing 18 pages, so at that very Tuesday, I was determined to email the 30 pages, so I started the struggle of writing marathon in order to make it up to 30 pages. Yes, I did it, I don’t how but I just did. And almost got a sudden attack from not eating since morning, it was clearly unintentional, forgot to eat something.

I was so happy the moment I sent the email because I can show the commitment to what I said in the morning I will finish it that day. I was not sure but I did it anyway. Talking about my novel, it is about teen fiction inspired by true events but I as much as I can tell, it is a work of fiction. I actually don’t know how the story will end, I have the thoughts of make it sad ending but I don’t know. My mind keep changing. My character in the novel is not me, I am always sad but that doesn’t mean my character too.

I was never wanted the story to be fantasy but I kind of make it into fantasy in the page 30 and that also makes me change the prolog. I had different prolog but my mentor gave me suggestion to consider to make it different, I tried, and got the concept out of nowhere and writing up the one page prolog and don’t know where it should be put. Until I finally reach the page 30 and finally decided maybe that’s where it goes into. Another sins confession, I have not written new chapter for two days straight. 

Comments