(Spoilers Review) Spiderman: Faaaaaaaaar From Home


I went to watch the movie kinda late and I feel so bad. On the third week of july. Something to do with, you know what, my amount of rupiah in my bank account. But, never mind. The thing is, I’ve watched it and I loved it so freaking much. I’m gonna admit that I’ve been exposed to several spoilers around the internet these couple of weeks, but even after all that, I can still very much enjoy the movie till the end. And, I and my movie buddy even wait until the very end, because we wanted to see the two post credit scenes, yeah we were waiting for those long long moving names.

Without any further ado, stop senyum-senyum, cause shit’s about to go down (borrowing Nessi Judge’s opening line from all of her youtube videos). You know why I like watching Nessie’s videos? Because she resembles a lot someone I know.

So, as the title already mention, our hero is far from his home. Going all the way down to Europe for summer trip with a little bit secret plans of telling MJ about what he has in mind or heart or whatever. Yes, the plans were ruined since in the beginning of his move. Tried to exchange the seats on the plan went wrong. Instead of sitting next to MJ, Peter got himself sitting with one of the teacher.

Introduction to the new character, Mysterio aka Beck aka Quentin feels a little bit off but that’s okay because the second introduction by himself is very well done. Some said that this is Iron Man’s movie with Spiderman in it. I don’t really think so. This movie, as much as I can tell, is all belongs to Spiderman. It’s about Peter and his inner conflict of accepting that the world needs him more than he can imagine.

The elemental attacks fight scenes is so good that for me, that already been told that everything is fake trying so hard to figure out how can that be fake at all. But, then later on the explanation kicks in and finally everything makes total sense.

How easy why Peter can fall for Mysterio’s plan of giving the special glasses as special gift from-our very one and only-we love him 3000-Tony Stark to him is wow. I know Peter is clueless, but never have I thought that he is in fact that clueless. And the reason why after finally found out the truth (thanks to MJ who picking up stuff from the battle fighting the fire elemental scenes) and facing Mysterio but ended up getting beaten up and don’t forget about getting crushed by a train but still alive and wake up inside the prison somewhere in Netherland, is because Peter refuse to acknowledge his own amazing ability, the Peter Tingle, that’s why he lose.

Mysterio is super good with visual whatsoever that thing is called, that making our Spiderman cannot stand a chance against him. But everything has changed when he close his eyes during fight. This, can be a strong message, telling us that everything in the world is based on visuals, our sight ability that sometimes can be fooled, we need to know which is real and which is not, we can tell by our tingle. Or at least that’s what I was getting from watching these whole things in the movie.   

And lets discuss about how magic is the glasses called EDITH (that stands for Even Death I’m The Hero which is very funny indeed) that allows the user to access everything in Starks Industry, even the satellite, now that is insane. And Tony left that cool glasses, as the key to everything to Peter. I can feel the warmth, it’s like a father giving his son something, and that something everything. That’s why Mysterio targeting the glasses, and that is why everything happened.

And something to do with how jealous Peter is to MJ that getting followed around by Brad (that later we found out also like MJ and is a jerk and almost got all class members and teachers in the bus got killed by the attack of satellite based drone) is super cute and make this very movie super entertaining, from this perspective.

About so called romance over summer, or whatever it is, I don’t know what to say. That explains why Aunt May is suddenly that close with Happy. Also, Ned, Peter’s best friend and Betty, the serious long face girl, can be so in love during trip. Because the relationship doesn’t involve love in it, that’s how I can get from it. The funny thing about it happened between Aunt May said no and Happy said yes when getting interrogated by Peter at almost the end of the movie. Well well well.

MJ, I need to talk about her. In this movie I get the different feeling about the character, in the good way. She used to be, you know, mysterious kinda girl. And even if she’s into Peter but I don’t expect it would be that much. They two look cute together. And that moment when Peter actually telling her that he’s Spiderman, she was shocked, she has some guts about it but only like 67 percent.

At the very very end of the movie aka first post credit scene, I got confused. You know we’re not getting Spiderman 3 very soon because the line-up of the projects in the phase 4 of MCU already been announced and we can see it clearly that there aint no Spiderman. So, here’s what I wanna say, we need to keep confused for like, I don’t know, the next two years until we get the Spiderman 3. Or, we can see Peter again in some of the other super hero movies coming out later. I mean, why the news presenter (if you’re aware is the head of the newspaper in the original Tom Maguire Spiderman) telling the whole world that Spiderman is the bad guy, I just don’t get it, WHY?

And another very very end aka the second post credit scene we see Nick Fury with Maria Hill in the car driving through after everything that happened, they changed into The Skrulls, yes they are not we think they are after all. After that, the fake Nick Fury made a video call with the real Nick Fury in, as we see the setting, in some sort of space ships in the middle of the another important mission up there.  

Comments