almost forget to grab a brunch


It is now day 10 of social distancing and I almost forgot to get some food to eat today. I stay up late last night, can finally close my eyes after midnight, I don’t know why. Probably because I knew that the next day, which is today, is the holiday so there’re no classes whatsoever. It is Bali’s day of silence and hindu new year. Yes, thank you google for letting me know the complete celebration name of the holiday. Well, my life has always been pretty silent since a long long time ago. As well as my heart. Oops. But, seriously, if there is one thing of many other things that we can take away from this world scale phenomenon we are all experiencing is that, at least people out there, especially extroverted ones, can gain the information, well in fact they are having the simulation, of what it feels like to be introverted. How we prefer staying home, chilling while watch Netflix or get a book to read or anything, also why we always keeping distance with  everybody, both friends or strangers basically in every chance we have in everyday activities, because we cannot say hi first, also because we simply don’t want to do so.

So, I woke up late because I knew I’m gonna having no classes that day. I took a shower around 12 AM. Then continue doing nothing, which is an activity I call for me scrolling things through the phone. I might have not into social media anymore, but I still have whatsapp, that I consider to be chat app rather than another type of social media, that’s what I believe, you may agree or not, it is totally up to you though. There are also other distracting apps that we can spend our time, such as youtube or spotify or else. I did that exactly for around two hours, then went out for my brunch that I almost forgot, shame on me.

What is even worse than almost forgot to eat is that, at the time I arrived at that eating place, the clouds were all dark and rain started to fell down. It was only drizzle at first, but unfortunately it turned into raining cats and dogs in no time. I accepted my fate to stay at that eating place longer, I ordered two menus, magelangan (it is like a fried rice featuring instant noodle and eggs at the same time) and then the soup instant noodle because it was raining so that was the perfect time for indomie and egg.

Sadly, I cannot do the regular visit schedule, I would have been gone to indomaret (which is an Indonesian based retail network, it’s like a supermarket but smaller and they are everywhere, their competitor is alfamart but I won’t talk about that, maybe for another story for another post. And there is only indomaret around my rental room, that I visited almost every day to get some bread for dinner) but I didn’t because of the rain. I do have an umbrella but I forgot to take it with me, yes, silly me. So, as the time went by after one hour, I needed to went back but also need to take something for dinner, I decided to take away the available snack around, gorengan tempe (fried fermented soybean) as dinner.

Comments