let it go into the unkown



One unpopular opinion about the soundtracks of frozen II is that “show yourself” is actually way better than “into the unknown” and I personally cannot categorize it into the same type of ranking with its previous hits, “let it go” by whatever measure. I would argue that they are beautifully different. To be honest, singing “into the unknown” is way harder than singing “let it go” while “show yourself” is more about how you control the energy and touch people’s feelings when you reach climax part of the song.

I haven’t made the singing cover video just yet, I would love to but maybe later. Sorry I did not post the movie review right after watching. It was absolutely dazzling and it came out in November last year, my favorite month of the year because that’s my born month, even though nobody singing and pray the birthday stuff, and my mom as the only soul in the world notice my birthday because she was the one that quite literally throwing me into the world from her warmth womb when I was still an infant.

Probably, a lot of people have told you this, but I just want to discuss about it a little more. The fact that the first movie came out in 2013 and its sequel is out in 2019 made everyone who followed Elsa and Anna’s adventure have been grown with the movie, that the majority of the viewers are not really those kids demanding kids entertainment, but all of us, the young adults, and so that the story in the movie. And it is by whatever consideration can be grouped into the type of pretty grown up story telling. The dialogues and the songs and the messages that they are trying to deliver are actually different.

While “let it go” taught us how to let the past gone and accept what we are in the present, we are guided by the “show yourself” to finally realize that something that we have been looking for in life after moving on from the past is not really the next something new that we will discover by time, but those adventures we have been through might actually is about how we are looking for ourselves all this time. The next thing to be done after letting go the past is that stop digging on the past but focusing more to digging into our inner self for us to “step into the power” and “grow into something new” from the inside.   

Comments